How to get to
The World's Biggest Stage:
Send an email including the following:
Biography including Date of Birth
Demo video link of 3-5 minute performance
Email us by December 10, 2022
(Check competition rules below to confirm eligibility)
The World's Biggest Stage
International Voice Competition Rules:
1. The competition is open to all vocalists (soprano, alto, tenor, bass) of all nationalities, ages 18 to 33 (by Jan 15, 2023). There is NO APPLICATION FEE. The winner will receive 5,000 US Dollars and be the featured vocalist in the 19th Water Island Music Festival.
2. The competition will take place in two rounds.
3. The first round will consist of a video recording of a freely chosen 3-5 minute piece from the standard vocal repertoire, for either solo voice, voice and piano, or voice and orchestra or other instrumental configuration. The video should be uploaded to youtube, vimeo, or equivalent, and the link should then be emailed to the competition by Dec 10, 2022.
4. Four finalists will be chosen by Dec 15, 2022 to proceed to the final round.
5. The final round will take place in New York City (venue TBA) on Sunday, Jan 15, 2023 (4-6pm) and will be live-streamed via the Violin Channel platform to its 450,000 members and the world at large.
6. Agents and presenters in town for the annual APAP conference, will be invited to attend the final round of the competition.
7. Each finalist will perform two songs selected from the newly composed song cycle "Love, War, and other Viruses" by Julian Gargiulo. The songs will be assigned randomly when the four finalists are chosen.
8. The winner of the final round will be decided 50 percent by the audience (online and present at final round) and 50 percent by a jury consisting of previous winners of the competition plus one celebrity judge.
9. The winner will receive a cash prize of 5,000 US Dollars, be the featured vocalist in the following The World's Biggest Stage Competition to be held in January 2024, and will be the featured vocalist during the 19th Water Island Music Festival, taking place in January 2024 in St. Thomas, USVI. Airfare (from NY), lodging, and meals will be provided (for the Water Island Music Festival).
The 3 runner-up finalists will each receive a cash prize of 2,000 US Dollars. *Note: Performing in the Water Island Music Festival is compulsory, and not being able to perform will mean forfeiting the prize.
10. Each finalist will be assigned a host family during their stay in New York City.